calendar of events
Boaters Before Getting Underway:
- Take a safe boating course
- Put on your life jacket and leave your alcohol behind.
- Check the weather forecast.
- File a float plan with a friend.
- Check your boat for all required safety equipment.
- Check your electrical system and fuel system for gas fumes.
- Follow manufacturers suggested procedures before starting up.
- Carry a navigation chart and know your waterway.
- Follow the navigation rules of the road, buoys and other aids to navigation.